General effects which are felt during the Maha Dasha of the Mercury are as follows :
- One may acquire money through contacts with big people, various enterprises, friends and family members.
- Excellence in education, skills in speech and crafts and love for music may prevail.
- Love and respect for teachers, elders and scholars may increase.
- Interest in construction and gain of new clothes and ornaments is possible.
- Money may be attained through trading gold.
- Opportunities for acting as an arbitrator or middleman may arise.
- Life will be passed happily in humor, fun and play.
- Public importance and fame may increase.
- Happiness from spouse and children may be derived.
- Gastric problems may persist.
Interpretations based on the condition of the planet and other influences in the birth chart and divisional charts are as follows :
- Fear of enemies and those in high places may prevail.
- Hardships for spouse and children is possible. One may attain food through service of those who do not have a family.
- Disinterest in studies may arise.
- Destruction of auspicious deeds and the advent of sorrow and unhappiness are foreseen.
- There may be obstacles in celebrating festivities, opposition with dear ones and lack of enterprise.
- Inclination towards sinful deeds and harm to wealth, land, agriculture and cows may occur.
- Trouble may come in many forms. There is mental unhappiness, enmity with the family and state, and public criticism. Eye ailments are possible.
- Attaining fame and education may enhance state honour, respect and valor.
- Laziness, physical hardships, ailments loss of appetite, ear problems, etc. may prevail during the Maha Dasha of Mercury.
- There may be a possibility of migration or transfer.
- Brothers may be harmed but respect may be attained from those in position of authority.
- During this period enthusiasm in business prevails and wealth through art and poetry is possible.
- Friendship with new people and opposition with old friends is possible.
- There is a possibility of residence abroad, and hurdles to happiness, anxiety and worry prevail.