Vimsottari Dasa Reading
In Vedic Astrology, Dasa is a unique concept that assigns fixed time periods ranging between 6-20 years for specific planets to manifest their effects in a person’s lifetime. The effects of a Dasa in operation outweighs all other effects experienced by one due to various transits of planets, Sade-Sati and other related phenomena. This is an ultimate truth in Vedic Astrology.
Why is Dasa significant?
If we look at the Dasa system, it has a full cycle run of 120 years which can be split into 9 parts, owned by each planet. You will enjoy those parts of this cycle where the contributing planets are strong. Remember, if you have experienced a change in life, for good or worse, it is because there has been a change in your operating Dasa.
For instance, even if you have a very strong planet in your birth chart, it will amount to no benefit if that particular planet's Dasa does not operate at the right stage in your life. Similarly, while someone flourishes very early in life, for others success may come late. This, again, is indicative of a benevolent Dasa becoming operational either early or late in their lives.
Thus, it is all about timing trends in your personal, professional and financial matters irrespective of the tenure.
What are the types of Dasa in the Vedic System?
The Dasa types have been devised for many different purposes.
- Vimsottari Dasa
- Ashtottarri Dasa
- Yogini Dasa
What has been observed, however, is that over the centuries, Vimsottari Dasa has assumed the role of default Dasa due to its very precise & scientific structure. Unless specified, at Indastro, we usually use this Dasa as the reference Dasa.
What are the general effects of the Dasa of each planet?
- Moon: Brings changes in your emotions, mental peace & creativity (Total Period - 10 years)
- Sun: Usually points to changes in your soul & effects your self-esteem, assertions, goals of life (Total Period - 6 years)
- Mars: Brings changes in your passion as well as your courage & confidence (Total Period - 7 years)
- Jupiter: Brings changes in your wisdom, knowledge & affects your spirituality & happiness (Total Period - 16 years)
- Saturn: Brings changes in your emotions, affects your challenges & achievement of goals in life (Total Period - 19 years)
- Mercury: Brings changes that are close to your mind, intelligence, your righteousness, virtue & goals of life (Total Period - 17 years)
- Venus: Usually points to changes in your happiness, self-pleasure & luxury goals of life (Total Period 20 years)
- Rahu: Brings changes in something which is very close to your heart, your self-realization & confusion (Total Period - 18 years)
- Ketu: Usually points to changes in your personality & affects your self-realization & salvation goals of life (Total Period - 7 years)
Benefits of Dasa Fortune Reading
- Each Dasa comes with an inter period and each change brings an opportunity as well as some challenges. E.g.: The same planet that sometimes elevates your career also creates health problems for your mother. Similarly, a career downfall may bring some excellent opportunities for you overseas, creating the next path for you.
- This analysis would present a 360 degree view of how the planet will play a part in your destiny & how karmic effects would play out for you.
- Each dasa is actually the signature period of one of the 9 planets in your life & the connections it makes with your other 8 planets. This report will map the combined effects of each planet on your destiny, the effects of each such planet combo & their combined chemistry on your fortune & destiny.
- Each planet combination responds to remedies; we will suggest remedies in the reading.
- You can also ask us ONE specific question along with your reading or choose a webchat after we have processed your reading.