Origin, History, and Significance of Maharana Pratap Jayanti
Maharana Pratap Jayanti is celebrated on the 3rd day of Jyeshta month as per the Hindu calendar that is during late May or June as per the western calendar. Maharana Pratap Jayanti will be celebrated on the 13th of June 2021. This day is observed as a local public holiday, celebrated around the northern part of Indian states such as Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, and Rajasthan. This public holiday marks the birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap, who was a great Rajput king of Mewar. He was a renowned ruler who lived in the 16th century and fought bravely against the Mughal Empire and is known as one of the greatest warriors in Indian history.
Maharana Pratap was born to King Udai Singh and Queen Jaywanta Bai on the 9th of May, 1540 in the Kumbhalgarh fortress of the Rajsamand district near Udaipur, Rajasthan. He was married to Maharani Ajabde Punwar of Bijolia in 1557 and was blessed with a son named Amar Singh. Pratap was coronated as the king of Mewar in 1572, due to uncompromising circumstances after the death of his father. He was a real patriot who initiated the first battle of independence against the Mughals.
Astrological Analysis of Maharana Pratap’s Horoscope:
Name - MAHARANA PRATAP
Date of Birth – 9 MAY, 1540
Time - 00:00
Place of Birth - KUMBHALGARH [RAJASHTHAN] INDIA
Information –Data Available Online
Maharana Pratap, an ancient hero and powerful ruler had his ascendant as Capricorn with Saturn as his personal planet and his Moon sign was Cancer. He was a man of substance, valor, strong character and a compassionate human being. Further, we will analyze his horoscope and bring out his strengths and emotional compassion for his loved ones along with his bravery. The tales of his bravery are even spoken and even celebrated today.
- Saturn, his personal planet of ascendant and the wealth, is placed in the 11th house of gains, made him a strong personality. He is respected for his persistent nature in defending his land and his people from the Mughals. He refused alliance with Akbar and continued his resisting his efforts against the Mughal emperor to stop him for conquering his land and till today he is honored as a Hero in Rajasthan.
- Saturn gave him the lawful throne of Mewar, as he was born as the Crown Prince since he was the eldest son of Udai Singh II. Wealth and princely pleasures had been a boon by birth but Saturn made him a very hardworking native, who was courageous even in his hardest time of struggle. He lived and breathed for his people and kingdom.
- Sun the planet of power and good status is placed in its exalted sign in Aries in the 4th house of stability, domestic peace and its aspect over the 10th house of power, made him the crowned prince even after his father had anointed his younger brother as king before his death, which was denied by the senior officials of the kingdom and preferred him as the king due to his good name and dedication.
- Moon, the lord of the 7th house of public image was posited in its own sign Cancer which made a good partner in his personal life and a good human being in his ruling reign. He was a mingling personality of tough exterior with compassionate interior that rewarded him with strong name and fame so that today even after so many decades his name is honored and respected, celebrated for his heroic deeds.
- Mars the planet of courage and chivalry is posited in the 4th house of stability that made him an honest ruler and so brave and courageous that he defied his opponent Akbar every time. The battle of Haldighati is a very strong example of his bravery, where he never gave up his efforts to reclaim his kingdom from Mughals.
- Venus is the lord of the 4th house of stability and 10th house of power made him gain his kingdom as the placement of Jupiter in Libra sign in 10th house made him a spiritually strong person, who believed in his actions or Karma for his success in his ruling reign, where people respected him for his integrity of character.
- Nodes Rahu and Ketu placed in the house of finance and family and Ketu placed in the house of hurdles made him spend most of his life fighting to save his kingdom. The Maharana was forced to retreat into the mountains after the ferocious battle of Haldighati.
The horoscope of Maharana Pratap reveals that he was a strong willed king and did not give up on reclaiming his kingdom. He had recovered many of his lost territories due to his chivalry and strong positive addiction of claiming his rightful power with his strength.
He died at the age of 56 years in the year 1597 after living a legendary life of bravery, courage and valor.